Main Street, 1999 and 1906
January 13, 2000
Click on each picture to view a larger copy.
Next along the street, with the awning on the front and the high mill section, is the Ireland Brother's Grist Mill. This building was completed in 1905, replacing a previous mill building that burned in 1904. The East Branch of the Sebasticook River passes under the street just beyond the grist mill. Not long after this picture was taken, in 1907, the Odd Fellows Hall was built in the lot on the other side of the river. Of course, the Stewart Library Building in the background, has watched over the street since 1898.
Postcard of Main Street, 1906 from Herbert Dow Jr. Collection
Other sources: 20th Century Corinna by William R. Sawtell, 1984. and
Corinna 175th Anniversary 1991, edited by Everett E. Simpson, 1992.
Next in Main Street Series | Cattail Press Homepage